Central Department Store strengthens its omnichannel leadership with the new 'CENTRAL APP', aiming to become No. 1 omnichannel platform for lifestyle shopping
Central Department Store, the retail market leader, is offering the ultimate shopping experience to its customers with the new ‘Central App’. Central’s objective is to become the number one omnichannel platform for lifestyle shopping which seamlessly delivers the best of both worlds, online and in-store. The new CENTRAL APP is now available for free download with special discounts and privileges on the App Store and Google Play Store, supporting both iOS and Android devices.
Nicolo Galante, President of Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited, revealed that “Thai people use their phone mostly for social media, shopping and bank transactions, respectively, with a continuous surge of over 230% from January to September 2020, when compared to the same period last year. Our top 3 segments for the first 3 quarters were fashion, hardline, and food respectively. Our top categories were beauty, sports, home décor & kitchenware, and TV & entertainment.
Central Department Store has always been the most innovative retailer in Thailand. Central was the first to introduce price tag labelling and barcode system into the Thai retail industry and was also the first importer of international brands. The new CENTRAL APP will be another major milestone for Central Department Store in its journey towards the no. 1 omnichannel retailer for the best lifestyle shopping experience.”
4 strategic pillars to achieve the goals
- Online Assortment Growth: Central will triple the product selections available on omnichannel platform within 2021
- CENTRAL APP: the key to unlock all the benefits of Central both online and in-store
- Social Commerce: with new sales channels including;
- Central Chat & Shop: LINE @CentralOfficial
- Central Call & Shop: tel. 1425
- Central Live and Facebook Messenger Inbox: watch the live streaming of promotional products and purchase them live on www.facebook.com/CentralDepartmentStore
- Unique Omnichannel Experiences: the omnichannel experiences expands with more pick-up options. Customers can choose to do their shopping on the application then pay and pick-up their order in 1 hour at any Central store.
Rvisra Chirathivat, Customer Director, Central Department Store under Central Retail revealed that “CENTRAL APP is the key to unlock all Central’s ultimate benefits. The new app is designed to seamlessly combine the best products, promotions and services of Central store with the convenience of online shopping. We are expecting more than 4 millions downloads for 2021.”
The new CENTRAL APP is tailored to meet all customer’s needs throughout their journey;
WHEN YOU SHOP ONLINE
- Over 5,000 brands at your fingertips in all categories: Beauty, Home, Fashion, Women, Unisex, Men & Kids
- Online ‘only@Central’ exclusive brands such as Chanel, Muji, Aesop, Marks&Spencer, Sanrio, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Diptyque and Smiggle
- Peace of mind: Convenient, fast and secured shopping experience
WHEN YOU PLAN TO VISIT THE STORE
- Check the promotions and events at your favourite Central store
- Book a restaurant or in-store service prior to your visit
- Shop online, pay and pick up in 1 hour at any Central store
WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE THE STORE
- Get special geolocalised promotions when you visit Central store
- Collect daily coupons which are applicable for both on-app and in-store purchases
- Scan QR codes in-store to get additional coupons
Customers can also enjoy special discounts on the application on their first download, with a 12% discount for on-app purchases and 10% for in-store purchases. Additionally, more discounts will be available when users register, log in to the application or scan the QR codes in store.
In 2021, the new CENTRAL APP promises to triple the product assortment from all Central Retail brands, offer 2-hour home delivery, personalisation and games to unlock additional discounts. The app is now available for free download on the App Store and Google Play Store.
With the new CENTRAL APP, the full potential of omnichannel becomes a reality in Thailand.