‘Central Pattana’ invests THB 200 mil in Q1’s marketing campaigns, joining hands with all parties to spearhead effort to drive Thai economy – starting off with the launch of ‘The Great Chinese New Year 2021’ campaign to celebrate Year of the Golden Ox, with strict hygiene and safety standards
- Unveiling 3 main strategies: 1) Running a big impact campaign aimed at boosting spending and fully supporting its tenants; 2) strengthening its business ecosystem by partnering with hospitality businesses to drive economic growth for the main industries and supporting the government in helping farmers and SMEs; and 3) responding to the ‘Next Normal’ by keeping up its guard nationwide while reaffirming ‘Central's Hygiene & Safety Master Plan’
- Reaffirming Central Shopping Centers as the ultimate shopping destinations for Chinese New Year Celebration where traditional offerings for ancestors are available in tightly-secured packaging. Customers will also get to enjoy the atmosphere of a Chinese market, with magnificent spots for photo shoots.
- Promotions will be offered with discounts of up to 70% and new collections will be available with discounts of up to 30%, targeting customers with high spending power. Enjoy the best value promotion and get a chance to win Ang Pao rewards worth up 100,000 baht, diamond pendants, and other prizes. A total of 110 prizes will be available, along with cashback rewards of up to 21% from 29 Jan to 21 Feb 2021
- Teaming up with astrologer Master Chang – Tossaporn Sritula to enhance customers’ good fortune. For every 1,500 baht spent, receive a limited-edition ‘Sticker of Luck’ recommended by Master Chang and limited edition of a red envelope. The top five spenders whose spending meets the requirements will receive an exclusive fortune-telling session with Master Chang. Free tips for good luck are available via LINE: Central Life.
Bangkok – Central Pattana Plc., a leader in retail & property development with 33 shopping centers nationwide including centralwOrld, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, Central Phuket and Central Village, announces its strategy for the first quarter of the year, with a total investment of THB 200 million in anticipation of the easing of lockdown restrictions, aiming to help drive the Thai economy forward. Partnering with Central Retail Corporation Plc., and other partners including AEON Credit Card, Citi Credit Card, Kasikornthai Credit Card, Krungsri Credit Card, KTC Credit Card, Siam Commercial Bank Credit Card, TMB Credit Card, Thanachart Credit Card, SCIB Credit Card and Jubilee Enterprise Plc., it kicks off a big campaign ‘The Great Chinese New Year 2021 – The Land of Luck’, which will celebrate the arrival of the Year of the Golden Ox, which comes once in a 60-year cycle. The campaign is aimed at creating a spending mood and highlighting Central Shopping Centers as the ultimate destination for Chinese New Year Celebration.
Promotions will be run at both the department stores and throughout the rest of the shopping centers with discounts of up to 70% while discounts of up to 30% will be offered on new arrivals. A wide range of other special privileges will also be offered to help enhance your fortune in the Year of the Ox. The campaign will be run from 29 Jan to 21 Feb 2021 at Central Shopping Centers nationwide, with the expectation of boosting traffic by 15-20%.
Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Central Pattana Plc., said: “In recent months, the government, the private sector and the general public have been giving their full cooperation to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as the government recently started to ease lockdown restrictions for more businesses, Central Pattana, as the market leader, wants to be part of the driving force behind the Thai economy. In the first quarter this year, CPN will focus on the following key marketing strategies:
Strategy 1 – Big Impact Campaign: The company will run its Chinese New Year campaign while maintaining high safety and hygiene standards and highlighting Central Shopping Centers nationwide as the ultimate destination for Chinese New Year celebrations. The campaign is aimed at boosting the spending mood and promoting the traditions of Thai people of Chinese descent. As operator of shopping centers with more than 15,000 tenants nationwide, the investment in this new campaign will help both the tenant stores and their staff gain more income, which will ultimately help drive the country’s economy forward. All shopping centers will have their own magnets to attract customers, with details as follows:
- Promotions offering great value for money and fantastic deals available throughout the shopping centers. Discounts of up to 70% will be offered. As the Chinese believe that it is best to start off the new year with newly-purchased things, discounts of up to 30% will be offered on new collections. In addition, participating credit card users will receive cashback rewards of up to 21% of the amount spent.
- More than 110 lucky draw prizes are available for members of The 1 card who spend 1,500 baht at participating stores or restaurants at the shopping centers. They can enter the lucky draw for a chance to win great prizes such as gift cards worth up to 100,000 baht from Central Retail, real diamond pendants from Jubilee or shopping vouchers from renowned brands.
- Customers who spend 1,500 baht or more will receive an ‘Instant Win’ in the form of the ‘Sticker of Luck’ from our collaboration with astrologer Master Chang ¬– Tossaporn Sritula and will also receive a red envelope of blessings for wealth, happiness, good fortune and romantic luck.
- The top five spenders whose spending meets the 300,000-baht minimum spending requirement during the campaign will receive an exclusive fortune-telling session with Master Chang.
- Hilighting landmarks for Chinese New Year celebrations for all provinces nationwide, with a Chinese market where customers can come and shop safely. Each shopping center will have its own highlights. For example, centralwOrld will set up the shrine of Caishen, the God of Wealth, for worshiping and the Love Moon Bridge will be set up in the middle of the shopping center. CentralPlaza West Gate will have giant Kau Cim fortune telling sticks and a dragon dance show featuring an 80-meter-long dragon. CentralPlaza Bangna will have the Plum Flower Lantern Festival in China Town. Central Village will have the Blessing Garden with giant lucky Chinese characters. CentralFestival Pattaya Beach will have the ‘Tunnel of Luck in Love’ and a Chinese market featuring great Chinese dishes and offerings for ancestors. CentralFestival Chiang Mai will delight Dim Sum lovers with over 100 choices of Dim Sum dishes from famous restaurants in Chiang Mai. Special dishes will also be available exclusively at the event. CentralPlaza Nakhon Ratchasima will feature a 4-meter-long dragon ice sculpture crafted by the sculptor who won the Ice-Assemblage Championship in Harbin, China. CentralPlaza Hat Yai will feature a 2-meter-tall Guan Yu God statue and 36 forms of Guan Yin. CentralPlaza Ubon Ratchathani will feature a 40-meter-long lantern tunnel.
- Offering the online-to-offline (O2O) approach, with the ‘Chinese New Year Filter’ for everyone to enjoy on online platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Everyone can take part in this activity by simply searching for ‘CPNlife Filter’ and sharing their pictures with the filter on their ‘Story’ or posting on their ‘Wall’ to stand to win a special prize.
In this first quarter, another big campaign to be launched is ‘Valentine’s Day 2021’ when every Central Shopping Center will be turned into a Land of Love. A variety of activities will be offered. For example, at centralwOrld to organize a ceremony of paying homage to ‘Trimurti Shrine’. Other branches will organize a marriage registration ceremony, Love Market, Sweet Signature Market etc. Do not miss many highlighted photogenic spots at Central Shopping Centers.
Strategy 2 – Strengthening the business ecosystem by building a value-chain with businesses that have mutual interests and through the partnership campaign: Helping other businesses in the tourism and hospitality sectors and collaborating with the government to help farmers and those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Partnering with businesses with value chains that support each other: For the hospitality sector, in March and April, centralwOrld and other shopping centers in major tourist towns like Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket will be partnering with hotels under Centara and Hilton to run a Staycation and workcation program targeted at top spenders. The program will not only help boost tourism in these provinces but also the tourism of catchment areas from nearby provinces. In addition, we will be running the ‘Neighborhood Program’ to help local businesses near our shopping centers, with a focus on food businesses. We will also be partnering with delivery partners to offer a free delivery service.
- ‘Moving Fast’ to help tenants: Partnering with partner stores to set up areas for setting up delivery and takeaway service counters to help boost sales for some 300 tenant restaurants at 18 of our shopping centers nationwide.
- Teaming up with the government to help SMEs and local communities: We will provide free space for vendors to meet with buyers. We have provided more than 40,000 m2 of retail space for this program to help SMEs, local communities and other occupations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. For example, centralwOrld together with the Internal Trade Department under the Commerce Ministry recently held the ‘Fruit & Farm Festival’. CentralPlaza West Gate is joining the Office of Business Development Nonthaburi to hold ‘Markets Unite against COVID-19’ (until 31 January). CentralPlaza Pinklao together with farmers from Taling Chan will hold the ‘Pan Suk Market’ (2-15 February). CentralPlaza Surat Thani is partnering with the Royal Project to hold the ‘Strawberry Lover’ festival (until 1 February).
Strategy 3 – Welcoming the ‘Next Normal’ and reaffirming status as Hygiene & Safety Leader: CPN is keeping up its guard to reaffirm ‘Central's Hygiene & Safety Master Plan’ aimed at encouraging people to be disciplined when it comes to taking care of themselves and to be considerate of other people’s safety. Central shopping centers nationwide will continue to uphold stringent measures. For those who look to buy offerings for ancestor worshiping, Central Food Hall/Tops will offer a wide variety of pre-arranged sets of offerings for ancestor worshiping in tightly secured packaging in a bid to provide convenience to customers and adhere to the preventative measures. Acrylic partitions will be put up to separate each of the staff responsible for packaging the offerings. Other preventative measures have also been enhanced such as pre-entry measures like temperature screening and checking to see if the face masks are worn the right way, tracking and rigorous training for staff, ensuring that the central air-conditioning systems are clean and safe with an air circulation system and constant UV-C sanitation, daily big cleaning, and increased frequency of sanitizing common contact points (every 15 minutes) as well as ensuring that restaurants follow strict measures both at the front and in the kitchen.
The Great Chinese New Year 2021 – ‘The Land of Luck’ lets you celebrate the Chinese New Year in the land of ‘Luck’. Come and enhance your good fortune in the Year of the Golden Ox hygienically and safely at all 33 Central Shopping Centers nationwide, including centralwOrld, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, Central Phuket, and Central Village. Discounts of up to 70% are being offered and up to 30% discounts are being offered on new merchandise. Many prizes, rewards and special privileges will also be available along with great food from restaurants at the shopping centers and various activities for promoting good luck. The campaign and promotions will run from 29 January to 21 February 2021.
- Shopping & Dining with Social Distancing: This promotion is aimed at responding to the change in consumer behavior where people choose to visit their neighborhood shopping center with purpose and tend to avoid large crowds. The main target will be high-spending customers. For example, the top ten spenders in the fashion category only @centralwOrld, with minimum spending of 20,000 baht will receive the SWATCH Chinese New Year Collection (available from February 10-14). Special Chinese New Year collections such as the collection ‘Chinese New Year Jubilee’ and SWATCH will be available. In addition, to highlighting Central Shopping Centers as the ultimate food destinations, this campaign will present a good opportunity for customers to visit Central shopping centers to enjoy delicious food at famous restaurants like the Michelin-starred restaurants, bubble tea, and Café Society without having to wait in line for too long. Central has also partnered with SCB’s Kin Kao Kan Mai campaign to offer discounts for both dining-in and take away food (available from February 8-10). For those who look to buy offerings for their ancestor worshiping, Central Food Hall/Tops will offer a wide variety of pre-arranged sets of offerings for ancestor worshiping during the Chinese New Year. Other Chinese New Year necessities and lucky merchandise will be available at the Chinese market at all Central shopping centers.
- CPN is teaming up with Central Retail Corporation, the leader of Thailand’s retail sector with a network of more than 3,800 stores, to boost consumer spending during the Chinese New Year, with special promotions available at Central Retail’s stores and at partner businesses under the Central Group. Central Department Store will offer discounts of up to 30% on new merchandise, plus extra discounts and cashback rewards of up to 8,500 baht for members of Central The 1 Credit Card. The 1 members can redeem 1,000 reward points for a 150-baht e-coupon (limited to 70,000 redemptions only). Robinson will offer discounts of up to 70% and extra discounts of up to 8,500 baht. The 1 card members can receive a bonus of 1,000 reward points during the ‘Lucky Day’ period from 12-14 February. Free giveaways of windmill pendants worth 580 baht each will be available. Tops/Food Hall will offer pre-arranged sets of Chinese New Year offerings at special prices. Customers can also enjoy ‘Instant Reward for Shopping’ and receive a Tops gift card worth up to 200 baht when their spending meets the requirement. Customers can also stand to win an iPhone 12 Pro and Tops gift cards daily throughout the month of February. Power Buy will offer discount coupons worth up to 28,888 baht for customers who spend 8,888 baht or more per sales slip. SuperSport will offer discounts of up to 60% and offer a 200-baht discount coupon at the bottom of the receipt. B2S will offer discounts of up to 50% and let customers take part in the ‘Ang Pao Ao Pa’ game on its B2S Club website to stand a chance to win prizes worth more than 22,000 baht. OfficeMate continues to offer low prices all year round and will offer special discounts of up to 50%. Stores under Central Marketing Group at Central shopping centers such as LEE, Dyson, G-Shock Casio, FitFlop and MLB will offer discounts of up to 70%.