The Company is a leading multi-format and multi-category retailing platform in Thailand. The Company is also growing internationally, securing leadership status in Italy, and becoming the leader in Vietnam. In addition, the Company is a pioneer in omnichannel retailing in Thailand, complementing its retail store network as well as merchandise and service offerings. Behind the Company’s achievements, as a market leader, is the iconic “Central” brand which has been recognized for its quality. Customer-centric approach to retailing for more than 75 years in Thailand.
The Company is committed to creating sustainable growth for the business, following 5-year plan to become Asia’s No. 1 Next-Gen Omni Retailer through its CRC Retailligence principal with 4 key strategies:
- Reinvent Next-Gen Omni Retail – Elevate omnichannel platforms by merging physical and virtual worlds, leveraging new digital technologies to deliver next-level shopping experiences across all business segments, including food, fashion, hardline, property, and new businesses across Thailand, Vietnam, and Italy.
- Accelerate Core Leadership – Accelerate growth across Central Retail’s core businesses, both locally and globally, as well as collaborating with world-class partners.
- Build New Growth Pillars – Capture new business opportunities by starting with the Health and Wellness segment, then other segments, following the changing global trends and consumer needs.
- Drive Partnership, Acquisition and Spin-Off – Expand the business under the concept of Inclusive Growth, creating success with partners and searching for opportunities to acquire businesses with high potential in expansion in order to broaden income-generating channels and strengthen the business, which corresponds to growing steadily and sustainably.
These 4 strategies are applied to drive the organization to become the “Purpose-Led Organization: Central to Life” to create sustainable growth.
Central Retail is committed to improving the efficiency of operational procedures of all departments, ensuring that risk management is in line with the economic conditions and shifting consumer behavior. Also, controlling costs and expenses for robust and sustainable growth. The Company is also determined to direct all businesses towards sustainability (ESG). In this regard, the monetary goals or operational figures specified have been considered by the Company to be feasible, with supporting strategies or operational measures, along with guidelines to achieve the goals.
The Company has several competitive strengths as follows:
- Leading muti-format retail platform with retail banners and omnichannel platform across multiple retail categories
- Focus on customer-centric principle to drive continuous innovation and customer engagement.
- A diverse ecosystem that attracts prestige brands and drives synergies and customer engagement.
- Success of track record of acquisitions and expansion to other markets in Asia and other regions.
- A capable and experienced management team comprising of professional managers from the retail industry and Chirathivat family.
At present, the Company operates its business under various retail banners. The Company has a network of 3,553 sales counters (as of 31 March 2023) such as department stores, convenience stores, specialty stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, and retail plazas, and through online on the omnichannel platform. The Company’s business is organized into 5 business units, including:
- Hardline segment, which focuses on home decoration and improvement, electronics, stationery, office equipment, book, and e-Book under various retail banners, such as Thai Watsadu, BNB Home, Power Buy, OffliceMate, B2S, MEB, and Nguyen Kim, Vietnam.
- Food segment, which focuses on consumer goods and items typically found in convenience stores under various retail banners, for example, Central Food Hall, Tops, FamilyMart, Big C / GO!, Lan Chi Mart, Tops Market Vietnam, and go!, etc.
- Fashion segment, which focuses on apparel and accessories under the portfolio of retail banners, such as Central Department Store, Robinson Department Store, Rinascente Department Store, Supersports, and Central Marketing Group.
- Property segment, which focuses on leasing retail property to third parties and its own stores at retail plazas, for example, Robinson Lifestyle, Tops Plaza, and Big C / GO! Vietnam, etc.
- Health and Wellness segment, which offers healthcare products and cosmeceuticals, including pet products under retail brands such as Tops Care, Tops Vita, and PET ‘N ME.
The Company is operating its businesses in 3 countries: comprising of 57 provinces in Thailand, 42 provinces in Vietnam, and major cities across Italy (as of 31 March 2023).
In 2023, the Company has continuously restored and expanded new stores in 3 countries. For Thailand, the Company will open one Robinson Lifestyle mall, two department stores, 10 new branches of Thai Watsadu, including food format such as Tops supermarket and Tops food halls. For Vietnam, we will open 8-10 stores of Tops market and go!. Moreover, the Company has also continuously opened Specialty Stores and Brandshops in both Thailand and Vietnam.
Regarding the Renovation & Rebranding, for Thailand, the Company actively works towards the renovation of several stores of Robinson Lifestyle and Flagship Stores of Central Department Store, and Robinson as well as renovating other small format stores. For Vietnam, the Company had rebranded and renovated 10 branches of Big C to GO! mall and GO! hypermarket. While, In Italy, the Company renovated the department stores in Milano Duomo, Roma Fiume and Monza.
As of 31 March 2023, the Company has 3.4 million square meters of net sales area and 0.7 square meters of net leasable area, which increased by 4% and 8% from the same period of the previous year, respectively.
With strong commitment to adapt to customers’ diverse needs, the Company has continuously developed omnichannel platforms to integrate the online and offline shopping experience seamlessly. The stores in the Company’s network have combined the in-store product distribution through salespersons with the online distribution channels and created the connection with customers through a variety of services, such as Personal Shopper, Call & Shop, Click & Collect, Reserve & Collect, Chat & Shop, e-Ordering, and Shop & Drive Thru services, etc.
Please see detail of major shareholders of the Company at https://www.centralretail.com/en/investor-relations/shareholders-information/major-shareholders
Approximately 55% of free float (as of 15 March 2023)
The Company has a policy to pay dividends to shareholders at the rate of not less than 40% of the net profit from the consolidated financial statements after tax deduction, the allocation of all various funds required by laws and the Company in each year, and the obligations under the financial contract (if any).
Please contact the Company’s Investor Relations department via Phone number +662 650 3600 #1563-1564 and +669 6056 1900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please find IR presentations and webcasts at https://www.centralretail.com/en/investor-relations/document/presentations